Thursday 24 April 2014

Missing Google doodle

Did you know that on 21st April 2014, was Charlotte Brontë's 198th birthday? I didn't, but Google kindly told me when I logged in.

Did you know that on 22nd April 2014 was Earth Day? Again, I didn't - but Google came to the rescue again, with an animated doodle this time.

I enjoy those ones - do you?

They keep me on the Google page for longer, and reinforce whichever special day it is.

My favourites are the games - especially when they reinvented Pacman, a game I use too spent far too much time on…

So we've had Charlotte Brontë's birthday and Earth Day Google doodle.

But what did Google do to commemorate Easter Sunday? Nothing. Nothing at all.

Just the plain Google logo.  

A special day that is celebrated around the world - there is no country where there aren't at least some who see Easter Sunday as a joyous reminder of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus and I'm pretty sure you can't say that about Charlotte Brontë.

So why no Google doodle? Did it just slip their mind?

Surely there can't be an agenda there. Can there?

Thankfully, the world isn't dependent on Google to know about the Lord:
"For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities – his eternal power and divine nature – have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse" (Romans 1 v 20).

1 comment:

  1. I never even realised that, Emmerson. Do Google mark other religious dates? If it's an across the board ban on all religious occasions, then I'm alright with that. If they start (say) marking XYZ but not ABC, then there IS an agenda there.
    I'll have to look this up on Google and get back to you... [Ironically!]

    ReplyDelete